Room with a view

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Sydney Good Food Month 2005

I've missed out on Sydney's Good Food Month this year. Previously when I was working in the city, I'd be able to check out some of the events in the city and even sample some restaurants at the price of $25 then. I heard that it's now $35 for the 'Let's do Lunch' series. Inflation I suppose ... 40% increase in 3 years? :)

Today there's a Sydney Food & Wine Fair in the Hyde Park. Top restaurants will have their stalls and some have massive queues to get their food.

Previously I've attended it and had lots of fun with the food, wine and music. The thing I remembered is that you come out spending the type of money like you'd do in restaurants ... and you do it without seating down and air-conditioned comfort. But I like it cos it's a beautiful environment and especially when you do it amongst friends. Though a cheap sushi roll from the city wouldn't be a bad idea afterwards to fill you up ... not unless you've spent quite a bit at the Fair. :)

Today's a little different as a previous manager of mine decides to have his little birthday bash in Hyde Park. Suits him perfectly with him being a foodie. Interesting for me too as I haven't spoken to him for a year. Looks like things have changed and he's set up his own company.


1 Comments:

  • Dude, we can't even think of going since we are in UK with expensive average quality food.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home