Room with a view

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Beethoven Symphony no. 9 - Ode to Joy

Went to listen to Beethoven's symphony No. 1 & 9 on Saturday night at the Sydney Opera House. Symphony No. 9 is the famous one with the choir singing 'Ode to Joy'.

For those who's not sure what I meant, it's featured in 'Die Hard'. ;)

I had 2 extra tickets originally meant for my parents who cancelled the flight down to Sydney. So I gave it to Mike and his college friend, Tho. Both don't really know about Beethoven's symphony No. 9.

I was looking forward to it as it has a full choir belting out 'Ode to Joy'. And I wasn't disappointed. I had shivers down my spine when I closed my eyes to focus on the music. It's such an amazing piece live with a full choir of over 60 people.

Mike & Tho appreciated it and felt the energy from that Symphony No. 9. It was a good study break for them as they are preparing for their 1st year exams at Moore Theological College.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home